The GFSC, with the consent of the Minister for Digital and Financial Services, has today published its Skilled Persons Report policy statement in accordance with Section 136(5) of the Financial Services Act 2019 (the Act).
This policy statement sets out the principles that the GFSC will apply when exercising its powers under Section 136(1) to (4) of the Act to request a Skilled Person Report (SPR).
The policy statement covers:
- What a Skilled Persons Report is
- Why we will request a Skilled Person Report
- Factors we take into account (when requesting a SPR)
- The selection and appointment of the skilled person
- Notification to carry out a SPR
Access to the Skilled Persons Report policy statement can be found here.